Students are provided with a wide variety of representative sport opportunities at Cerdon College. The College is affiliated with the Parramatta Diocesan Secondary Schools Sports Council (PDSSSC) and NSW Combined Catholic Colleges (NSWCCC). These associations form our pathway for representation at NSW All Schools events and School Sports Australia All School events.
Information regarding each of the sports, weekly events and reports from our sporting competitions can be accessed at the Sport@Cerdon Edmodo page.
Parramatta Diocesan Secondary Schools Sports Council (PDSSSC)
The PDSSSC provides students with a pathway for representative sport in the Parramatta Diocese. The Council offers opportunities in Swimming, Athletics, Cross Country, Touch Football, Soccer, Softball, Hockey, AFL, Netball, Oz Tag, Dance and Cricket. Students are encouraged to attend selection trials as they are announced if they wish to gain representation to NSWCCC Championships and selection days. Information about selection and upcoming events can be accessed at www.secondarysportparra.catholic.edu.au
NSW Combined Catholic Colleges (NSWCCC)
NSWCCC provides talented athletes with a pathway for representation at higher levels. Students can access NSWCCC teams individually or through making selection in a Diocesan team. NSWCCC also provides for some team and individual competition such as NSW All Schools Triathlon, NSWCCC Netball Championships and NSWCCC Diving Championships. Further information can be accessed at www.csss.nsw.edu.au
Sporting Opportunities at Cerdon College
- AFL: The PDSSSC AFL competition is available to U/14 students. Students can represent the College against a range of schools in the diocese.
- Athletics: The College hosts its annual Athletics Carnival in June and provides students with the opportunity to participate in a range of Athletic events. All participants earn points for their respective House and students who place first in their event have the opportunity to represent the College at the PDSSSC Athletics Carnival in August.
- Basketball: The College provides students with the opportunity to compete against Parramatta diocesan schools at the PDSSSC Basketball Gala Day. U/15 and Open squads are selected following internal trials at Cerdon College.
- Cricket: Opportunities exist for students to represent the college at the PDSSSC Open Cricket competition.
- Cross Country: The College hosts its annual Cross Country Carnival in March. The school Cross Country Carnival provides a pathway for students to gain selection in the Cerdon College squad to compete at the PDSSSC Cross Country Championships in May.
- Dance: Cerdon’s most talented dancers are able to audition for a place to work in a group to compete at the PDSSSC Dance competition. A range of categories of dance is offered including: Hip Hop, Jazz, Contemporary, Cultural and Soloist. Cerdon enters students into different categories each year depending on student interest.
- Diving: Students have the opportunity to trial for selection in the PDSSSC Diving team, which competes at the NSWCCC Diving Championships.
- Futsal: The College provides students with the opportunity to play against schools across NSW in the Futsal NSW Championships.
- Hockey: Students have the opportunity to trial for selection in the Open PDSSSC Hockey team. This team competes at the NSWCCC Hockey Championships.
- Jump Rope for Heart: Each year, students from Year 8 participate in Jump Rope for Heart to raise money for the National Heart Foundation. Students participate in a fun-filled, energetic afternoon of skipping on the day of the Jump Off. A range of skills, including Double Dutch and the Pretzel are performed and prizes are given out to the best skippers on the day.
- Netball: Students are able to represent the College in two competitions, the PDSSSC Netball Championships and the NSWCCC Netball Championships. Individual representative players are able to trial for selection in the U/15 and Open NSWCCC teams.
- Soccer: Students are presented with the opportunity to represent the College in the U/15 and Open Soccer teams at the PDSSSC Championships.
- Softball: Students are able to represent the College at the PDSSSC Softball Gala Day. Individual representative players are able to trial for selection in the Open PDSSSC team. This team competes at the NSWCCC Softball Championships.
- Sports Aerobics: The College provides the opportunity for students to represent the College at the Gymnastics NSW AeroSkools competition. This competition is an Aerobic Gymnastics schools competition with pathways to state and national level competition.
- Swimming: The College hosts its annual Swimming Carnival in February and provides students with the opportunity to participate in a range of Swimming events. All participants earn points for their respective House and students who place first in their event have the opportunity to represent the College at the PDSSSC Swimming Carnival in March.
- Tennis: Opportunities are available for students to represent the College at the PDSSSC and NSWCCC Championships in both singles and doubles.
- Touch Football: The PDSSSC Touch Football Gala Day offers the chance for students to represent the College in the U/15 and Open competitions.
- Triathlon: Triathlon is held in February each year at the Regatta Sport Centre in Penrith. Students can choose to work in teams – with one student completing each leg of the race (swim, bike or run). Students who are extremely fit can elect to complete the whole course on their own. This exciting event provides students with the opportunity to work as a team and helps students develop their fitness prior to the event.
- Oz Tag: The PDSSSC Oz Tag Gala Day is an opportunity for Cerdon College students to participate in the U/15 and Open competition.