The Enrichment program at Cerdon seeks to provide a diverse range of opportunities and experiences for all students, but in particular our gifted and talented girls.
Gifted students are those whose potential is distinctly above average in one or more of the following areas of ability at school – intellectual, creative, social and physical. These students are able to learn more rapidly and in greater depth compared to their peers.
Because of their nature, gifted students benefit from unique opportunities which both challenges and supports their pursuit for excellence in a particular area of interest, and aids in the development a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Enrichment program aims to provide students with the unique experiences they need; opportunities to explore and nurture their interests, to challenge their minds, to develop leadership skills, and to spend time and share ideas with like-minded individuals. Selection into any opportunities offered varies from the students’ own interest and willingness to participate to targeted selection, based on academic performance and/or staff nomination.
Activities offered vary from year to year depending on students’ interest and complement the many sporting and cultural extra-curricular activities also offered at the college.
Here are examples of some of the opportunities offered at Cerdon through the Enrichment program:
- National Science Youth Forum (National University, University of WA)
- The Science Experience (USyd, UNSW)
- The International Science School (USyd)
- Women in Science (Macquarie University)
- Women in Engineering (UNSW)
- Women in Engineering Summit (University of Wollongong)
- The CSIRO Holiday Science Program
- World Science Day
- The Eureka Challenge
- Maths Enrichment for Young Australians
- Maths Enrichment Day
- World Maths Day
- The SMH Write Now Competition
- The SMH Young Writer of the Year Competition
- The Somerset Novella Writing Competition
- The Dorothy Mackellar Competition
- The UNSW Law Essay Competition
- Rotary Youth Program of ENrichment (RYPEN)
- Model United Nations Assembly (MUNA)
- The United Nations Youth Australia EVATT Competition
- Tournament of Minds
- Campion College Knowledge Challenge
- Cerdon College Knowledge Challenge